Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's that Smell?

Hello All,

This has been another hectic week.  I'm sure that's the norm for just about everyone :o).  My week started off with me getting used to my husband going back to work.  Since retiring from the military in August, he has been searching for a job.  He found a part-time job and started this week.  After being together 24/7, I didn't know what to do with myself without him attached to my hip.  It was a strange feeling.  I missed him terribly, but I started to enjoy the alone time, to be in my own thoughts.  I'm sure he feels the same way.  We've always had "me time" and "us time."  We had gotten away from "me time," and this was a nice break.

After working on my schoolwork, I spent the majority of my alone time in the back room.  I finally went up front to welcome him home, and got a whiff of an odd burning smell.  I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from and spent the next few minutes sniffing around the house.  Once my husband returned home, he too was welcomed with this odd smell.  Now we both was going around the house sniffing like hound dogs.  We narrowed down the smell to the kitchen area.  There was nothing cooking so we just couldn't understand, why the burning smell.   In the back of my mind I kept thinking, "uh oh" I forgot to reinstate our renters insurance.  I started getting closer to our computer in our "mini" office.  The smell became stronger, "BINGO," we found the source of the smell.  Our computer, the CPU or hard drive, not sure what it's called, was emitting a powerful smell of  burning rubber.  Just great!  Just what we needed!  The computer was DOA!  We tried not to get upset, knowing it could have been worse.  The computer could have started to burn while we slept and caught fire.  Also, we have a netbook that I can use for school until Best Buy figures out what's wrong with the computer.  All is well in life.  Computer getting checked, renters insurance reinstated. 

Getting ready for my daughter and grandchildren to visit.  Going down to Texas to pick them up.  I am so excited!  I hope everyone has a safe and happy fall break.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's not good! Some days are just like that, sadly enough. I hope there's nothing wrong with your computer that cannot be fixed and a happy fall break back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how God works.....I can see how you looked at the positive in this in covering your butts with insurance haha!!!! I am very glad though that your home is ok and you have another comp to work from. Ya'll have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found the source of the smell before something happened. I hate that you lost your computer though. I think I would be like you and wonder about my insurance policy. Hope you had a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the computer. I'm glad I have a few rudimentary computer repair skills. When my desktop power supply went out, I was able to order a new one and install it myself!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete