Saturday, September 10, 2011

Football Rears Its Ugly Head...Again

It's that time again....football, football and more football.  I've never been a big fan of sports, yes I played sports as a child, but over the years my sports participation faded.  As far as sports goes, I can take it or leave it.  My husband on the other hand.....L-O-V-E-S just about anything that has to do with sports, be it football, basketball and now he has added on baseball.

 I know there are millions of loyal sports fans that probably cannot understand my non-fascination with the sports world.  I on the other hand cannot understand their loyalty to something or someones that does not benefit them in the least.  Sure, I can see how watching and following sports can be a stress reliever, but some fans take it a bit too far.  Now don't get me wrong, I will watch a game or two with my hubby and actually enjoy the game, but for me when the game is over it's over.  I don't need to watch a recap of what I just spent two hours watching first hand, e.g. ESPN and Sportcenter.

I'm not knocking any of the sports out there, all I'm saying is there's more to life than who made the winning touchdown, scored a basket, or hit a home-run.  The fact that the athletes everyone watches are making millions, is a whole other discussion... 

Now that I've got that off my chest, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  For all you sports fans out there, including my husband, all I can say is GO TEAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment