Friday, September 23, 2011

Interesting Car Day

Today started off as any normal day.  I woke up and saw my husband off to take a test for a potential job.  I watched my usual morning shows that consist of "Saved By the Bell, Yes Dear, Regis and Kelly and The View."  Yes, I know, I watch a little too much television.  Believe it or not I have scaled back a bit.  This semester I am only taking online classes, so I spend an enormous amount of time at home.  The semesters that I actually have classroom instruction, I spend most of the morning and afternoon at LSUS. so I don't get to watch television that often.  I digress.  While watching my shows, I worked on course work that will be due this weekend, oh joy!  I reviewed notes for an upcoming biolology test that I am very nervous about.  Within a few hours, I was welcoming my husband back home from his test.  Having another appointment in a few hours, I wanted my hubby to relax, so I comprimised and watched the shows he preferes, such as "Sportscenter" and "ESPN".  Soon it was time for him to head out to his next appointment, and again I saw him off.  Oddly, I did not hear the car starting, but heard a clicking.  I wondered if it was a neighbor working on a project, but then realized the clicking sound was similar to a car battery that had completely died.  This is what turned an ordinary day into a interesting "car" day.  Surprisingly, neither me nor my husband became upset by the fact that we had a dead battery on our only vehicle.  The way I see it is that it happened for a reason.  Maybe there was an accident that could of happened if the car would have started, and my husband left for his appointment, or who knows what.  We figured, God has things happen for a reason, so why get upset.  We are blessed by the fact that we are able to have a vehicle.  We quickly called our insurance company for roadside assistance, to give us a jump.  If you think about it, it's kind of funny since we were not out on a road somewhere, but at home.  All I can say is thank goodness for roadside assistance.  It was a blessing that we did not have to pay for the assistance, but my husband says after all the insurance people pay, they shouldn't have to pay for the assistance.  Assistance quickly arrived, jumped our car, and we were on our way to get a new battery.  My husband was able to reschedule his appointment, so all is well.  Our interesting day ended on a good note, with our standing "Friday date night."  A great start to the weekend!       

3 comments:

  1. I have had the same issue. The only time I have ever had to use the roadside assistance is when my tire got a nail in it in our own front yard! It was so embarrassing calling them and listening to all the options. "Are you in danger?, Are you off the road?" I needed a "Are you in the driveway safe as can be" option.

    I'm glad you got to have a date night and I hope you do well on your test. I know my friend is worrying about her online Bio test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting. I am usually furious when something goes wrong with my car. I would have never thought to call roadside assistance from home.

    I can understand why you enjoy the convience of online classes. I am taking two this semester so, I only have to go to campus on MWF. I love being able to stay home on Tues and Thurs and study in my PJs if I want to. Good luck on your biology exam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My battery died in Austin when I stopped at the bank with my son. A kind person provided a jump and told us where we could buy a new battery. That's my kind of "assistance"!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete