I went to the doctor's today, pesky sinuses werecking havoc! I could complain about the joys of going to the doctor, but I will count my blessings knowing there are so many who cannot afford what I sometimes take for granted, such as a simple visit to the doctor.
Everyday, I try my best to be thankful and appreciate all my blessings; faith, family, good health, and peace of mind. I must admit, at times I do get complacent and even greedy, wanting more than I have or need. Why do we always want more? Is it so bad to be happy with what we have, when we have it?
Seems just as I start to lose sight of my blessings, my eyes are always opened by hearing about the loss someone has suffered within their family, or when someone has lost their job. My life is far from perfect, there are many days I feel down because something just didn't go quite the way I wanted it to and usually spend the remainder of the day complaining about it. My husband usually gives me a day or so to depart from my "pity party," and when I do, I always return to the realization that life is too short to complain or feel sorry for myself.
Everyday I wake up, my goal is to treat everyday as the gift that it is. As I now sit in my den feeling the cool breeze on my skin that is flowing through the screen door, I am content and at peace knowing that at this very moment I have everything I need, and more.
Realizing that we have a "wanting issue" is hard!!!! And all I can seem to figure is that its satin trying to butt into what we do have with the Lord. Girl we are blessed alone to live in our wonderful country !! Yet you know that much is true!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can relax some this weekend and get to feeling better. Hard time of the year for so many. take care