Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Blessed and Crazy Ride

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

This is my first official blog and I've had a lot going on in my life since the semester started.  Where-oh-where do I begin... Well, here it goes...

 I moved to San Antonio in July with my hubby, with intentions of closing on our first home.  Needless to say, we could not contain our excitement.  After moving around for so many years, we had a place to put down roots and call home.  Long story short, the house and San Antonio was not meant for us, and we begrudginly moved back to Bossier City.  I believe if we would have prayed more on this decision and listened to what God was telling us and showing us (yes there were signs), we would have saved ourselves major heartache and money.  I realize that when we pray, we have to patiently wait for His answer and not do what we think He wants us to do.

In the midst of not buying the house, my husband retired from the Air Force after 21 years of service.  Now that we are both retired, we look forward to starting the next chapter of our lives, which include new careers.

My husband and I just returned from Texas for the birth of our grandson.  His birth makes us grandparents of three.  I really don't feel like a grandmother, let alone a grandmother of three, but I must say, there's nothing like looking into those precious faces with the unconditional love they give.  I wouldn't give that up for the world!  When I held my newborn grandson, I couldn't help thinking, a part of me is now a part of him.  Amazing!

Arriving back home, we were met with our boxed up furniture, that had arrived the day before our trip out of town, can you say perfect timing...  Returning from Texas, I quickly realized that I am getting behind on my reading assignments for my classes, which is odd since I was ahead of schedule before I left.  Was it all in my mind?

Well, that about sums it up.  All I can say about my interesting and frustrating past weeks is, thank the Lord I am blessed to experience the ups, downs, and joys of what we call life.

5 comments:

  1. I too have fallen behind!!! I think I must have just passed out for a week I think!!! Hope ya'll had a wonderful trip! Congrats on the knew addition!!! You have much going on in your life! I know having a military background helps but my goodness! Have you settle much since you post?
    So what are the new career choices?
    Girl it is amazing the road Gods will & way seem to take us down! I'm thankful to see that you are a believer that you can find strength & protection during these times. Well let me get going so I can play catch up in class & be back up with you!!!! Gonna need ya!! (!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,

    We had a good trip. Thanks on the congrats. We are slowly but surely getting everything unpacked. The crazy thing is we know that we will only be renting this home for a year or two before we buy a house and settle in the house for good. We are not looking forward to doing this in a year or so. Yes, God is truly amazing! He has looked over us and continues to bless us. I've read and read and read, and I'm still not caught up! I'm determined to make this my catch up weekend. Unpacking will just have to take the back burner. My hubby has been doing a lot of the unpacking, so I can work on my classes. As far as career choices, I want to wait until I get my degree and try to get back into civil service. I went into a GS job after I retired, but had to leave it to come here with my husband. I'll see where the Lord takes me and my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test using Google Chrome for posting. I'll post something "for real" tomorrow.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though you've had quite an adventure and some strange adventure.

    Congrats on being a grandma x 3. I doubt that my children will ever have children in my lifetime--but that's okay. They need to have children for themselves, not for me!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! First, congratulations Grandma!! It's exciting when they get her, but boy, oh boy. Sometimes we do miss His signs at first, but then we always get to the message (the hard way or the easy way).

    ReplyDelete